Last updated 2 years ago
Let’s face it: It’s hard to keep your carpet clean.
Shoes, paws, even bare feet, are constantly tracking dirt throughout your home and even a careful regimen of stain remover and vacuuming might not be enough to keep your carpet looking fresh.
Having your carpet cleaned by professionals can restore the luster of your carpet, making it so beautiful that it will be hard to let anyone set foot on it again!
Professional carpet cleaning is a combination of a number of processes that all work to remove the soil build-up in your carpet. So what should you expect when having your carpets cleaned by professionals?
- Ask about their products and services that combat allergens in the home. Carpet cleaning can target allergens embedded deep in the fibers of your carpet and upholstery.
- When you are about to have your carpet cleaned, tell the company about your specific carpet needs, since some cleaning products can be specifically tailored to target certain issues, such as pet dander, stain removal, and disinfectant.
- Point out all of the stains and problem areas on your carpet so that the professionals can treat each one.
- Use furniture protectors to keep immovable objects—like couches—safe during the process.
- And when the professionals are done, be careful to adhere to their recommendations since your carpet can be delicate after a cleaning—don’t walk on the carpet directly after, only vacuum once dry, and allow air to circulate.
Professional carpet cleaners can also clean your rugs.
- Specialists know the proper way to clean unique and valuable rugs.
- Cleaning your rugs will help maintain what is not only a necessary part of a room, but what can also be a work of art.
- Rugs can undergo the same destruction as a carpet. By having them professionally cleaned, you can ensure that the natural fibers and dye that make up your rug will be preserved.
If you are interested in carpet cleaning or rug cleaning, contact Steam Express servicing Houston, Austin, and San Antonio areas.
We specialize in carpet treatment, upholstery cleaning, and water damage restoration—everything to keep your house looking beautiful. Your carpets and rugs are an investment, and you want to keep them looking perfect. So stop by Stream Express to learn more about how to care for your carpets today.
Last updated 2 years ago
You probably already know the importance of regular air duct cleaning. But did you know you also have to maintain and clean your dryer vent?
The dryer vent includes the pipe leading from your dryer to the outside of your home. This tube sucks the hot air and lint fibers outside. Because of the ridges on the tube, lint can build up and cause serious problems.
Not only will a dirty dryer vent limit your dryer’s productivity—more lint means longer times spent drying and more electricity consumed—but lint is highly flammable. Plus, if natural gas leaks into the pipe and interacts with the lint, then you can end up with fatal carbon monoxide issues.
So, instead of having a conveniently located tinderbox in your house, clean your dryer vent out regularly with a long, flexible wire with a bristled head.
Your dryer vent is pretty easy to disassemble:
- Remove the flap to the vent.
- Disconnect your vent line.
- Move the brush into the vent pipe to remove the lint.
- If you have a very long pipe, say, longer than three feet—and large houses will probably run into this issue—then use electrical fish tape to move your wire deep inside the pipe.
When cleaning, do a basic checkup on your pipe. Dents or crushed areas of the pipe will decrease productivity. Also, the pipe should not be made of plastic or foil, both of which are not up to code.
In some homes, you may have to enter the attic or crawl space in order to reach the dryer vent. Also, you may come across unexpected obstructions, such as birds’ nests or other rodents. If you experience any of these hassles, or simply find the build-up of lint and dust to be too much to handle, then call in the professionals.
Remember, regular dryer vent maintenance is necessary for your own safety.
Steam Express offers cleaning services such as air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning, as well as carpet cleaning and water damage restoration to cover all of your home care needs. More over, we now use 100% organic green products, so your home will be clean and safe for your family. Learn more about our specials and our hours and locations at our website.
Last updated 2 years ago
At Steam Express in Houston, we specialize in oriental, Persian, and other rug and carpet cleaning.
When you contact us for a carpet cleaning appointment, we will do a full inspection for free. We then proceed to perform the cleaning per your request. If you wish to steam clean the carpet without any special treatments, we will do exactly that. However, if you wish to proceed with our technician's recommendations and add additional treatments for a complete carpet cleaning job, we will review all your options with you and explain the procedures and benefits of each treatment you opt to perform:
- Advanced Pet Odor Removal Treatment
- Disinfectant and Sanitizer Treatment
- Preconditioning Treatment
- Tough Stain Removal Treatments
- Carpet Teflon Protector
- Heavy Traffic Area Treatment
Don't be like The Dude in The Big Lebowski. For less hassle, let the experts at Steam Express take care of all your carpet cleaning needs!